Requiring experience as an insurance professional, this position is responsible for managing assigned segments of insurance agency operations and all administrative functions. Responsibilities include, development of the budget and operating plans in collaboration with the President and SVP of Operations; tracking, analyzing, and reporting on sales and other key operational metrics; collaborating in the development and execution of marketing plans; overseeing the Agency’s IT systems and continuous productivity improvement efforts; and managing HR operations in coordination with the HR department.
Provide leadership in developing organizational and financial plans in collaboration with the agency executive management. Track and monitor goals and budgets. Analyze sales and expense trends. Analyze monthly and annual compensation reports and financial reports to ensure revenue and expenses are on track to meet budget. Propose remedial action as necessary.
Oversee development of metrics/dashboards and weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting.
Lead assigned insurance business line including management of assigned staff.
Oversee human resources operations with the support of the Association’s HR Department in order to maintain state and federal HR compliance and effective: recruitment and retention policies and practices; compensation and incentive systems, staff training and development; and employee relations.
Oversee local internal controls, accounting standards and procedures in collaboration with the Association’s Finance and Accounting Department.
Oversee Agency IT systems (InsureVue) in collaboration with the Agency’s IT Department. Direct continuous improvement initiatives to drive higher levels of customer service and operating and to reduce expenses.
Maintain a working knowledge of regulations, significant developments and trends in the insurance and aviation industries.
Understand the AOPA Member and client base.
Assist in developing staff into a cohesive and collaborative working team focused on sales and customer service.
Desired Job Experience
• Pilot Preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree/MBA desirable)
• 10+ years of proven and successful business track record in the insurance industry—aviation insurance experience preferred.
• Experience in, and strong understanding of financial management and reporting.
• Strong management and leadership skills, with proven experience and success in managing teams. Demonstrated ability to provide clear direction and effective oversight of assigned staff.
• Passionate about and committed to AOPA’s mission, values and vision for growth.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
• Capacity to manage multiple projects and ability to prioritize based on the needs of the organization; able to quickly adjust key priorities in response to changing dynamics.
• Superior organizational skills with the ability to effectively guide execution of strategies;
• Familiar with operations of state insurance commissions and associated insurance regulations.
AOPA and Aviation Knowledge
Communication and Collaboration
Customer Service Focus
Drive for Results
Insurance Offerings and Practices
Self-Development and Change
To apply for this position with Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) please click on Apply Now.
AOPA offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects how much we care about our employees. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; retirement; short-term and long-term disability; life and AD&D insurance; flexible spending accounts; tuition reimbursement; a wellness program; flexibility in work hours; and paid holidays.
And ... although not all AOPA employees are pilots, we offer the opportunity for our employees to obtain a private pilot certificate for free. We also provide continued assistance to help employees maintain their flight proficiency.
AOPA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
AOPA thanks our members for their continued support in protecting the freedom to fly.