Responsible for securing major gifts for AOPA’s Foundation.
• Qualifies, contacts, and cultivates potential donors from prospect pool of AOPA members and other interested parties.
• Reviews the prospect pool and develops relationships by submitting proposals to prospective donors.
• Make effective face-to-face presentation to donors and prospects.
• Effectively secure major gifts.
• Establish and support fundraising meetings for President and Senior Management.
• Extensive travel to visit donors and fundraising events which includes non-traditional work hours.
Bachelor’s degree and at least ten years of experience in the field or in a related area. Experience would include prospecting, cultivating and soliciting current and potential donors.
Familiar with philanthropic concepts, practices, and procedures.
Relies on extensive experience and judgment to accomplish goals.
Excellent organizational skills, oral/written skills, and interpersonal skills to work effectively with colleagues, staff, AOPA management and future and current donors. Advanced presentation skills.
Ability to work both independently and in coordination with the AOPA team.
Familiarity with donor database applications.
Commitment to continued professional growth and development.
Private Pilot certification helpful but not required.
VOLUNTEER AT AN AOPA FLY-IN NEAR YOU!
SHARE YOUR PASSION. VOLUNTEER AT AN AOPA FLY-IN. CLICK TO LEARN MORE >>>
VOLUNTEER LOCALLY AT AOPA FLY-IN! CLICK TO LEARN MORE >>>
BE A PART OF THE FLY-IN VOLUNTEER CREW! CLICK TO LEARN MORE >>>