Annual Flying Companion Seminar is designed for right-seat passengers who want to know more about flying and what happens during a flight. This all-day session will teach the non-pilot how to be an effective cockpit member, and addresses and helps calm fears about flying. Our chapter has been offering this popular seminar for over 20 years. This is one of the only Flying Companion Seminars in northern California.
This year's topics include:
* Aerodynamics: how and why a plane flies
* Radio procedures: how to use the radios and about emergency frequencies
* Navigation: how to read charts and help navigate.
* Preflight: what is the purpose and how to do one on an actual airplane.
* Aviation Instruments: what those gauges can tell you.
* Basic aviation weather.
* Checklists: what are they for and how can the passenger help with them.
* Medical Facts for Pilots
* Weight and balance: why how you load your plane is so important
* Fun Places to Fly
Back To Event Calendar