November 11, 2009
AOPA’s Win a Six in '06 Sweepstakes Official Rules
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCE OF WINNING. Void where prohibited by law. Subject to all federal, state and local laws.
2. CAN I PARTICIPATE? Open to all individuals who legally reside in the 50 United States, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and the District of Columbia and Canada (except the Province of Quebec) age 21 years or older as of the date of entry. Employees of AOPA, its subsidiaries and affiliated companies, and the advertising and promotion agencies of each, are not eligible to win. Any person in the immediate family of an employee (including the spouse, children, parents, brothers, and sisters of any employee) living in the same household of any such employee is not eligible to win.
3. HOW DO I ENTER? The Sweepstakes begins 1/1/06 and ends 12/31/06 (the “Promotion Period”). There are two ways to enter during the Promotion Period: (1) Receive automatic entries each time you participate in a qualifying AOPA transaction; or (2) enter by mail. Enter as often as you wish. You may use any one or both methods; the method of entry does not affect the opportunity to win. Qualifying AOPA transactions. You will receive automatic entries as indicated each time you complete one of the following AOPA transactions during the Promotion Period: (a) Join AOPA or renew your AOPA membership—1 entry; (b) participate in AOPA’s Member-Get-A-Member program—2 entries for each individual who joins AOPA during the Promotion Period and identifies you by your AOPA membership number as his/her sponsor; (c) enroll in or renew your membership using AOPA’s Automatic Annual Renewal Program—2 entries; (d) participate in the Project Pilot Mentor Program—2 entries for each unique student name and address you submit; (e) participate in the AOPA Flight Training Instructor Program—2 entries for each unique student name and address you submit that is processed by AOPA during the Promotion Period Enter by mail. Complete an official entry form available from AOPA by sending a self-addressed, stamped business-size (#10) envelope to: AOPA’s Win a Six in '06 Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 972, Frederick, MD 21705-0972—1 entry (VT residents may omit return postage). All mail-in entries, including addressing, must be handwritten, mailed separately in a sealed envelope, and have sufficient postage. Official entry forms must contain all the requested information on the entry form including, but not limited to, your name, complete mailing address, and telephone number. Mail your official entry form to the address shown on the form. Each mail-in entry must be made on an official entry form postmarked during the Promotion Period and received by 10:00 a.m. ET 1/8/07 to be eligible. Mail-in entries mechanically reproduced or made in any fashion other than submitting an official entry form provided by AOPA as described herein will not be accepted. All entries. Responsibility for receipt of each entry rests solely with the entrant. AOPA is not responsible for incorrect, inaccurate, or incomplete entry of information or for lost, delayed, misdirected, or mutilated entries or mail. Entries that are incomplete, forged, or otherwise defective or made outside authorized channels, including those that have failed due to human processing error or otherwise, shall be void. Participants who disregard these official rules or abuse, threaten, or harass AOPA or any AOPA representative in connection with this Sweepstakes may be declared ineligible and have their access to this or other AOPA-sponsored promotions blocked. All entries become the property of AOPA and will be neither acknowledged nor returned. AOPA or its agents will not accept correspondence or telephone inquiries regarding the status of entries or the administration of the Sweepstakes. AOPA reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part should a cause or event beyond AOPA’s control affect the administration, fairness, proper play, or conduct of the Sweepstakes making continuation impossible. Notice of any such event shall be posted at www.aopa.org.
4. WHAT CAN I WIN? One (1) Grand Prize. One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive a restored Piper Cherokee Six Aircraft. Winner does not have choice of any options, exterior or interior colors. Approximate retail value (“ARV”): $200,000. Prize will be delivered to the general aviation airport in the continental U.S. nearest to the Grand Prize winner’s home. Grand Prize winner (or Grand Prize winner’s spouse, son, daughter, mother, or father) must be certified as a student, recreational, sport, private, commercial, or airline transport pilot as of 12/31/06. A current medical is not necessary. Winner acknowledges that AOPA has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize described herein, including, but not limited to, its quality, merchantability, mechanical condition, or fitness for use. All warranties are hereby disclaimed by AOPA, and the winner will accept the prize “as is.” Delivery date may depend upon airport availability. All federal, state, and local taxes, fees, and other expenses (including permitting, registration, and insurance) not specified herein are winner’s responsibility. All reasonable efforts shall be used to provide the aircraft described. If the prize is unavailable, an aircraft having substantially the same cost may be substituted. Prize cannot be assigned, transferred, exchanged, or redeemed for cash, but AOPA may substitute cash value for the prize at their sole option.
5. HOW DO I WIN? The potential Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing to be held on or about 2/15/07 from among all entries received. Potential winner will be notified in person, by e-mail, U.S. mail, or phone call within thirty (30) days of the drawing. If a potential winner declines to accept the prize, or in the event that prize notification cannot be accomplished within ten (10) days from the first notification attempt, the potential winner will be disqualified, and AOPA will select an alternate winner. The potential winner may be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and, except where prohibited by law, a Publicity Release, which must be notarized and returned to AOPA within fourteen (14) days of receipt of notification or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. In compliance with Canadian law, if winner is a Canadian resident, he or she must first correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question before the prize will be awarded. If the potential winner is unable to correctly answer the question, AOPA will select an alternate winner. By entering, each participant releases AOPA, its subsidiaries and affiliated businesses, and the officers, directors, contractors, employees, and agents of each from any and all liability, damages, claims, or causes of actions of any kind whatsoever (however named or described) for injuries, damages, or losses to person or property that may be sustained in connection with the Sweepstakes, or the receipt, enjoyment, or use of the prize. Each winner shall grant permission to AOPA, its subsidiary and affiliated businesses, to use his or her name, age, city, state, and photograph or other likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, except where otherwise provided by law. By entering this Sweepstakes each participant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of AOPA and its agents, whose decisions regarding all aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final. If due to an error, more than one Grand Prize is claimed, the Grand Prize shall be awarded in a random drawing from among all such prize claims received. In no event shall AOPA be liable for more than the one Grand Prize described in Rule 4 above.
6. WHAT’S MY CHANCE TO WIN? The number of entries received will determine odds of winning. All entries, whether submitted automatically or by mail, have an equal chance of winning. To learn the winners’ identities (available after 4/2/07), send a self-addressed, stamped business-size envelope to: Winners’ List, Win a Six, P.O. Box 972, Frederick, MD 21705-0972. All requests for the winners’ identity must be received by 10/1/07.
7. DISPUTE RESOLUTION. Each participant agrees that: (1) Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court within the State of Maryland; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event shall such damages include attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will a participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and each participant hereby waives all rights to punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other damages other than actual out-of-pocket expenses. Participant shall not claim or receive any damages subject to being multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participants and AOPA in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Maryland, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Maryland or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Maryland.
9. CONSUMER DISCLOSURE. NO MEMBERSHIP, PURCHASE, OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
You have not won. The estimated retail value of the Cherokee Six is $200,000. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend upon the number of entries received. All mail-in entries for the Grand Prize drawing must be received by AOPA by January 8, 2007. This sweepstakes is sponsored by the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association, 421 Aviation Way, Frederick, MD 21701. You may request that your name be excluded from all lists of names and addresses used by AOPA for sweepstakes or skill contest promotions by submitting a written request to AOPA’s Win a Six in '06 Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 972, Frederick, MD 21705-0972.
March 7, 2014 ePilot Training Tip: 'Arrival or through flight'
ePilot Custom Content for March 7, 2014
March 7, 2014 New user fee threat; Flyable Bugatti
AOPA thanks our members for their continued support in protecting the freedom to fly.