February 12, 2014
Feb. 12, 2014
Contact: Steve Hedges
Frederick, MD – The Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) and partner Seattle Avionics have released Version 1.3 of the popular iPad application, FlyQ EFB, with new functions that include ADS-B traffic display, night mode, instrument procedure overlays and more.
“Our focus with FlyQ EFB is to continually enhance safety of flight, ease-of-use and overall app performance,” said Douglas Shorter, AOPA vice president. “Our priority was to add the features most requested by the pilot community, such as available ADS-B traffic display, scratchpad and plate map overlays.”
Version 1.3 includes:
• ADS-B traffic display with threat-sensitive color coding, distance ring, proximity filter, and time-based predictive paths;
• A new “Night Mode” that converts chart and plate colors to preserve pilot night vision;
• An easy way to add SIDs/STARs to flight plans with selectable routes and entry and exit points;
• Approach procedure overlay on sectional charts with adjustable transparency;
• A multi-page scratchpad that allows users to make notes on items such as frequencies, squawks and clearances;
• Extended runway centerline displays with a right pattern (nonstandard) indicator when appropriate;
• Interactive METAR/ TAF layer with a reduced number of screen taps to retrieve information;
• Adjustable radar transparency to customize a chart view;
• Functionality that allows users to quickly adjust altitude on synthetic vision to actual flying altitude with a tap of the screen.
FlyQ EFB maintains a 4.5 out of 5-star average rating in the iTunes App Store. Version 1.3 retains FlyQ’s most popular features, including multiple auto-routing options based on forecast winds aloft, split-screen, moving map, geo-referenced airport diagrams and approach procedures, track-up/north-up views, 3D synthetic vision and wind optimizer displays.
Pilots with existing FlyQ subscriptions can upgrade to Version 1.3 for free by accessing FlyQ EFB on the iTunes App Store. FlyQ EFB 1.3 also includes multiple fixes to improve user experience and overall app performance and stability.
First-time FlyQ users are eligible for a free, 30-day trial subscription. Visit www.aopa.org/flyqefb for more information.
Since 1939, AOPA has protected the freedom to fly for thousands of pilots, aircraft owners and aviation enthusiasts. With a membership base of nearly 400,000, AOPA is the largest aviation association in the world. With representatives based in Frederick, Md., Washington, D.C., and seven regions across the United States, AOPA provides member services that range from advocacy at the federal, state, and local levels to legal services, flight planning products, safety programs and award-winning media products. To learn more, visit www.aopa.org.
- AOPA -
AOPA Products and Services,
Safety and Education,
With Super Bowl XLIX around the corner, AOPA sat down with the commander in charge of national air defense.
AOPA is offering special aircraft financing for flying clubs as a way to help new flying clubs acquire quality aircraft while aiding existing clubs that want to expand their fleets.
Sporty’s has struck a chord with flight schools and others looking for an affordable, like-new aircraft.
VOLUNTEER AT AN AOPA FLY-IN NEAR YOU!
SHARE YOUR PASSION. VOLUNTEER AT AN AOPA FLY-IN. CLICK TO LEARN MORE >>>
VOLUNTEER LOCALLY AT AOPA FLY-IN! CLICK TO LEARN MORE >>>
BE A PART OF THE FLY-IN VOLUNTEER CREW! CLICK TO LEARN MORE >>>