Location: Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA), Frederick, Maryland
AOPA Air Safety Institute (ASI), Assistant Editor, Temporary 15 hours/week
Writes, edits, and coordinates the delivery of high-quality, compelling, and engaging aviation safety educational material for the AOPA Air Safety Institute (ASI) in support of its mission to improve general aviation safety through industry-leading research, education, and outreach.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the department’s outreach and product tracking calendars to determine which ASI products and other areas of safety-related interests should be covered in various publications and other outlets.
- Writes ASI news and product stories for AOPA magazines.
- Writes short articles and teasers for website, various newsletters, and marketing emails.
- Researches subject matter for added credibility and persuasiveness.
- Has or acquires in-depth knowledge of AOPA Air Safety Institute online safety programs (courses, videos, quizzes, etc.)
- 1-2 years writing and copy editing experience.
- Associate or Bachelor degree in journalism or related field. Professional experience may substitute for a degree.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Demonstrates initiative, punctuality, teamwork, effective listening, and collaboration skills.
- Ability to rework copy to incorporate suggested edits and revisions, and accepts constructive feedback with a positive attitude.
- Preferred: FAA Private Pilot certificate or higher with Instrument Rating.
To apply for this position please submit your resume and cover letter including reference AET/ASI to:[email protected]
Or mail to AOPA, HR Department, Attention: AE Intern, 421 Aviation Way, Frederick, MD 21701.
AOPA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.