The Aviation Program Operations Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative support and assisting with the management of AOPA’s initiatives to grow and strengthen the pilot community. The coordinator must be able to communicate and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders including AOPA staff, AOPA members, flight training professionals, pilots, and prospective pilots.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Provide support to AOPA’s You Can Fly programs, to include but not limited to:
- Work with program and project leaders to coordinate logistics for seminars, surveys, events, and other activities related to You Can Fly initiatives.
- Manage various email accounts related to programs and initiatives and ensure timely and appropriate responses.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure appropriate and timely communications regarding You Can Fly programs.
- Assist with planning of events and receptions at major aviation events, air shows and AOPA-hosted meetings.
- Support aviation program operations team, including Flight Training Initiative and Rusty Pilots Initiative staff, with internal production request coordination, online content management, schedule monitoring, and budget.
- Maintain inventory, awareness, and usage of AOPA print materials to engage pilot community and spark an interest in aviation and AOPA’s programs.
- Perform other daily administrative tasks as assigned.
- Associates degree or some college considered a plus. Two to four years of related professional experience.
- An understanding of or interest in general aviation.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Project management experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient in time management.
- Pilot certificate preferred.
To apply for this position with Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) please click on Apply Now.
AOPA offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects how much we care about our employees. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; retirement; short-term and long-term disability; life and AD&D insurance; flexible spending accounts; tuition reimbursement; a wellness program; flexibility in work hours; and paid holidays.
And ... although not all AOPA employees are pilots, we offer the opportunity for our employees to obtain a private pilot certificate for free. We also provide continued assistance to help employees maintain their flight proficiency.
AOPA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.