Location: Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA), Frederick, Maryland
Paid Summer Internship: Start May/June
About AOPA’s Marketing Intern
AOPA is looking for an enthusiastic marketing intern to join our marketing department for summer of 2018. As a marketing intern, you will collaborate with our marketing team in all stages of marketing campaigns, projects, and events. This internship will help you build marketing skills and introduce you to the exciting world of aviation and marketing.
- Research and prepare a competitive analysis
- Assist with Identifying new benefit opportunities for AOPA to consider.
- User experience testing with various online workflows and transactional forms (join/renew/upgrade)
- Update, enhance, and prioritize collegiate aviation alliance prospect database to include number of students in aviation major(s), students in flight, point of contact
- Identify and recommend digital marketing opportunities and techniques to best reach a diverse group of pilots and pilots in training
- Support the marketing of various aviation events
- Assist in marketing and advertising promotional activities (e.g. social media, direct mail, and web)
- Create a digital library of direct marketing samples (print and digital) by program for 2017-2018
- Currently enrolled in a related BS degree program
- Strong desire to learn in a professional setting
- Solid understanding of different marketing techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- MS office knowledge and skills
- Passion for learning, marketing, and aviation
- Understanding and knowledge of search engine marketing, social media marketing and content
To apply for this position please submit your resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
Or mail to AOPA, HR Department, Attention: Mkt Intern, 421 Aviation Way, Frederick, MD 21701.
Application Deadline: March 30, 2018
AOPA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.