AOPA is searching for a motivated individual to help make a difference in the aviation industry and pilots’ lives as a Medical Certification Specialist. AOPA medical certification specialists assist pilots in navigating the federal regulatory airman medical certification process and advocate for pilots when they experience challenging medical conditions that can affect certification.
- Assist pilots with medical certification inquiries via phone, email, fax, direct mail, or appointment in a very dynamic and fast- paced work environment.
- Advocate for members through direct contact with government aeromedical regulatory staff to efficiently resolve pending cases under FAA review in a timely manner.
- Development of online information resources for pilots.
- Associates degree and/or ancillary health care certification preferable. A minimum of two years of experience in a physician's office, health care benefits office, or hospital setting such as ER, OR, or nursing floors.
- Basic understanding of human anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, as well as familiarity with commonly prescribed medications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other specialized databases.
- Experience in a call center environment preferred. Customer interface technology experience such as Five9 and Zendesk is helpful.
- Excellent communication (both written/oral) and interpersonal skills required to interact with members who are dealing with very sensitive issues.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and a team-oriented attitude necessary.
- Familiarity with the aviation industry. Flight experience or pilot certificate a plus.
- Occasional travel as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply for this position with Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) please click on Apply Now.
AOPA offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects how much we care about our employees. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; retirement; short-term and long-term disability; life and AD&D insurance; flexible spending accounts; tuition reimbursement; a wellness program; flexibility in work hours; and paid holidays.
And ... although not all AOPA employees are pilots, we offer the opportunity for our employees to obtain a private pilot certificate for free. We also provide continued assistance to help employees maintain their flight proficiency.
AOPA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.