The Member Services Representative answers telephone calls, chats, and email inquiries for variety of service areas within the Association. The representative up-sells products and services and performs a wide range of data entry functions.
- Handles inbound telephone calls, chats and basic emails regarding registrations, membership, products and services, and other membership -related transactions.
- Performs data entry tasks for financial transactions routinely handled by phone, handling both check and credit card information, and preparing and reconciling daily deposits for the bank.
- Performs data entry tasks for non-financial transactions such as address changes, enrollment in programs and services, fulfillment of information requests, and member profile information.
- Sorts and opens incoming mail and prepares mail for data entry.
- Accurately documents the reasons for member contact through our member database.
- Performs up-sell and cross-sell duties as appropriate, depending on the type of request from the member.
- Represents the Association at air shows in addition to providing tours as requested, while providing a variety of services and information.
- High school diploma required. College degree a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required.
- Strong data entry skills (speed and accuracy).
- Positive attitude in all interpersonal communications.
- Flexibility in work hours to assure that all tasks are completed within reasonable time expectations.
- MS Office proficiency.
- Customer service experience required.
- Good organizational skills required for fast-paced environment.
- Ability to solve problems creatively to assure member satisfaction in all communications.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills required.
- Comfortable sharing and providing member education on association products to enhance their member experience.
- Ability to travel.
To apply for this position with Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) please click on Apply Now. AOPA offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects how much we care about our employees. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; retirement; short-term and long-term disability; life and AD&D insurance; flexible spending accounts; tuition reimbursement; a wellness program; flexibility in work hours; and paid holidays.
And ... although not all AOPA employees are pilots, we offer the opportunity for our employees to obtain a private pilot certificate for free. We also provide continued assistance to help employees maintain their flight proficiency.
AOPA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.