The Accounting Clerk will be responsible for maintaining customer refunds and carrier payables. They will be responsible for accounting and clerical support to the Senior Director.
- Verify customer refunds; print checks and insert checks into envelopes for mailing
- Resolve customer and carrier inquiries; in person, over the phone, and through email
- Apply applicable credits to invoices
- Maintain carrier payables by preparing monthly remittance; reconcile carrier statement and request payment through accounting department
- Develop in-depth knowledge of InsureVue/Salesforce
- Maintains regular contact with all departments to obtain and convey information and/or to correct transactions
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates Degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience
- One to three years of experience required. Proficiency with MS Office
- Prior experience with InsureVue/Salesforce as plus
- Effective teamwork, collaboration, and communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and time management skills
- Detailed oriented focused on accuracy
- Able to multitask and prioritize work load effectively
To apply for this position with Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) please click on Apply Now.
AOPA offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects how much we care about our employees. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; retirement; short-term and long-term disability; life and AD&D insurance; flexible spending accounts; tuition reimbursement; a wellness program; flexibility in work hours; and paid holidays.
And ... although not all AOPA employees are pilots, we offer the opportunity for our employees to obtain a private pilot certificate for free. We also provide continued assistance to help employees maintain their flight proficiency.
AOPA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.