A routine stop led to an extensive search of aircraft and occupants, a practice that may be becoming a (troubling) routine.Read more >>
AOPA and other associations representing general aviation interests met May 13 with the FAA administrator and senior staff to discuss ongoing efforts to improve safety.
Beechcraft Corp. is moving full steam ahead with its product line of Bonanzas, Barons, and King Airs, and showed off its revamped manufacturing operation in Wichita, Kan., May 15 to AOPA President Craig Fuller and AOPA Vice President of Advertising Carol Dodds.
From Around the Web:
- Historic flight to Cuba commemorated
- UAS prompt UFO reports, dispatcher training
- Video: point merge traffic management test
- Chasing space dream in simulator
- US suffers self-inflicted wounds to aviation
- B-787 switchboard damage won't delay restart
Questions about loran, microwave landing systems, and direction finding would be more fitting for Barry Schiff’s popular “Test Pilot” trivia column in AOPA Pilot than on FAA knowledge exams.
Be one of the first to see AOPA’s new website and help us give it a thorough preflight as a beta tester before we launch. This will give you the opportunity to get acquainted with the new design, navigation, and search capability. Your valuable feedback will help us correct major glitches in the new website before it goes live.
Teens enrolled in Melbourne, Fla.-based Wings of Grace Ministries received free flight training and real-world life lessons.
- Avidyne secures STC for DFC90 Bonanza installations
- Beechcraft inks $210 million deal for T-6 trainers
- Navy launches unmanned aircraft from catapult
- GAMA reports increase in aircraft shipments
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car caters to members’ needs at airports
- DOT: Contract towers will remain open
AOPA PILOT Features
- Payload Payoff
- Ready to Rumble
- Pulling Together
- This Mooney is out of Air
- Efficiency: Buy or rent?
- Wx Watch: Mesoscale discussions
- Technique: Learning to loop
Engage in AOPA
- AOPA Pilot Town Hall | May. 18 - Bedford, MA
Aviation Events Calendar
- The Commemorative Air Force Airpower Tour | May 16 - May 19 - Birmingham, AL
- Bonanzas to Oshkosh Texas Mini Clinic | May 17 - May 19 - Denison, TX
- Idaho Aviation Expo 2013 | May 17 - May 18 - Idaho Falls, ID
- Aviation Camp / EAA Young Eagles Rally | May 17 - May 18 - Delta, UT
- Spring Fly-in/Camp-in at Centre Airpark N16 | May 17 - May 19 - Centre Hall, PA
- Fly-in and Open House | May 18 - Marianna, FL
- Living History Event - Regia Aeronautica | May 18 - Chino, CA
- Marianna Fly-in | May 18 - Marianna, FL
- KLHQ Open House and Fly-In | May 18 - Lancaster, OH
- Arizona Aircraft Expo and Ownership Conference | May 18 - Prescott, AZ