Manage sales, service, development, and administration of new aviation insurance business. Support the achievement of organizational business goals by creating a positive and productive team environment.
- Responsible for acquiring new aircraft insurance customers by quoting, selling, writing, and servicing personal and commercial aircraft insurance for aircraft owners in a fast-paced, high volume inbound sales call center.
- Outbound efforts include contacting prospects and customers to gather additional information, responding to internet requests for quotes and service, and following up on prior unsold quotes.
- Outbound efforts also include closing new sales via outbound telemarketing to lists of target prospects.
- Interact with underwriters at multiple insurance companies by phone and email to obtain insurance quotes, issue new policies and service existing policies.
- Service inquiries include answering customer questions, researching, and resolving billing issues, making policy changes, and correcting company records.
- Primary focus is acquisition of new customers although some sales and servicing of existing (renewal) customers will be required.
- Utilize computer systems, office software and email/phone extensively.
- Explain insurance coverages and offer insurance advice to prospective and existing customers. Responsible for meeting individual and team monthly sales, service and quality goals while working in a team environment.
- Must be able to learn and strictly adhere to specifically defined and detailed company processes and procedures.
- BS/BA or equivalent business experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, customer service skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong aptitude and comfort in learning computer systems. Experience with and the ability to use a PC to perform daily duties.
- Ability to work independently to achieve monthly goals while also working effectively in a collaborative team-oriented environment.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be detail oriented and accurate and have the ability to work independently while following strict procedural guidelines.
- Property and Casualty insurance license is required.
- Must have:
Two or more years experience in aviation insurance as underwriter or sales agent;
Licensed private pilot or higher with two or more years personal lines or commercial P&C insurance experience as licensed agent or underwriter.
To apply for this position with Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) please click on Apply Now.
AOPA offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects how much we care about our employees. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; retirement; short-term and long-term disability; life and AD&D insurance; flexible spending accounts; tuition reimbursement; a wellness program; flexibility in work hours; and paid holidays.
And ... although not all AOPA employees are pilots, we offer the opportunity for our employees to obtain a private pilot certificate for free. We also provide continued assistance to help employees maintain their flight proficiency.
AOPA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.