Seeking an experienced administrative assistant to provide administrative, clerical, and organizational support to AOPA’s Senior Contracts Manager to assist with daily tasks and operational support required for AOPA’s contractual agreements and legal transactions.
- Strong candidates must have meticulous attention to detail and should have a demonstrated ability to adapt priorities under swiftly changing conditions.
- Candidates must have experience handling multiple tasks concurrently, and the demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong communication skills (oral, written, and presentation).
- Proficiency with MS Windows OS, and Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience with handling confidential information and responding to non-routine requests for documentation/information and effective problem-solving skills.
- Candidates with law firm experience in a law firm or legal/contracts department (or similar) are preferred, but not required.
Administrative Assistant responsibilities shall include (but are not limited to) assisting AOPA’s Senior Contracts Manager in:
- Drafting routine contractual agreements, legal documents, and general correspondence to AOPA staff and third-party vendors and partners.
- Perform administrative duties and assist in activities related to data entry, process management, and maintenance of electronic contractual records consistent with AOPA’s document retention policies and procedures
- Communicating with different levels of staff and executive team in support of AOPA’s contractual transactions.
- Management and coordination of meeting schedules with internal staff and outside vendors
- Prepare and process department invoices for payment (as needed)
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred and 2-4 years of related experience (or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Advanced verbal communication and expert writing skills required.
To apply for this position with Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) please click on Apply Now.
AOPA offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects how much we care about our employees. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; retirement; short-term and long-term disability; life and AD&D insurance; flexible spending accounts; tuition reimbursement; a wellness program; flexibility in work hours; and paid holidays.
And ... although not all AOPA employees are pilots, we offer the opportunity for our employees to obtain a private pilot certificate for free. We also provide continued assistance to help employees maintain their flight proficiency.
AOPA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.