AOPA is searching for an experienced Salesforce developer who is always looking for new ways to solve problems, meet challenges and improve software capability and functionality. In this newly created position you will have the opportunity to design and build world-class applications to meet evolving requirements and improve our internal and client-facing Salesforce environment. Bring your passion for elegant coding and customized design to our company and enjoy excellent pay and benefits, a generous vacation package and unique advancement opportunities.
- Develop customized solutions within the Salesforce platform to support critical business functions and meet project objectives, client requirements and company goals
- Manage daily support and maintenance of internal Salesforce instance, and conduct long-term improvement operations to ensure compatibility with evolving mission requirements
- Communicate with project managers, clients and other developers to design cohesive project strategies and ensure effective collaboration throughout all phases of development, testing and deployment
- Maintain a flexible and proactive work environment to facilitate a quick response to changing project requirements and customer objectives, and innovate ways to meet mission goals successfully
- Interact directly with clients, managers and end users as necessary to analyze project objectives and capability requirements, including specifications for user interfaces, customized applications and interactions with internal
- Provide system administration support of internal and customer-facing Salesforce environment, especially related to customized applications, user permissions, security settings, custom objects and workflow
- Collaborate with various internal departments, including marketing, product development and operations, to ensure Salesforce environment supports internal needs relating to functionality and performance
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent technology degree
- Minimum work experience: three to five years of Salesforce application development
- Self-motivated and creative
- Technical skills
- Platform: Apex, Apex classes, Apex triggers, SOQL, VisualForce, Apex Web Services, Custom Objects
- Database: MySQL
- Force.com Advanced Developer Certification a plus
- Experience developing customer-facing user interfaces
- Experience in an agile development process
- Aviation industry knowledge or experience a strong plus
- Insurance and/or Finance knowledge a strong plus
- Candidate must be an independent self-managed worker, capable of estimating task work, completing tasks on time, and reporting on issues that may arise.
To apply for this position with Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) please click on Apply Now.
AOPA offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects how much we care about our employees. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; retirement; short-term and long-term disability; life and AD&D insurance; flexible spending accounts; tuition reimbursement; a wellness program; flexibility in work hours; and paid holidays.
And ... although not all AOPA employees are pilots, we offer the opportunity for our employees to obtain a private pilot certificate for free. We also provide continued assistance to help employees maintain their flight proficiency.
AOPA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.