1. When filing an IFR flight plan (for aircraft other than helicopters), you must designate an alternate airport unless the weather reports or forecasts for the primary airport indicate a ceiling of at least ____ feet and a visibility of at least ____ mile(s).
2. To be used during an IFR flight, VOR equipment must have been operationally checked for accuracy within the preceding ____ days.
3. While under radar control, unless otherwise authorized by ATC, the pilot of an IFR flight must report all of the following as soon as possible EXCEPT:
4. If you experience a two-way radio communications failure during an IFR flight in visual meteorological conditions (VMC), you should ____.
5. Which of the following pieces of equipment is NOT required for an IFR flight flown below 24,000 msl (FL240)?
6. For IFR flights in aircraft other than helicopters, a minimum fuel reserve of ____ minutes is required.
7. You are making a timed approach from a holding fix into an airport that has a procedure turn indicated on the approach procedure. ATC has made no mention of the upcoming procedure turn. You are required to initiate the procedure turn as specified in the published procedure.
8. You are flying a magnetic course of 290 on an IFR flight in uncontrolled airspace below 18,000 msl. Unless otherwise authorized by ATC, your level cruising altitude should be ____.
9. Which one of the following is NOT an example of an acceptable, clearly identifiable visual reference that allows a pilot to descend below the DA/DH or MDA?
10. While flying on an IFR route segment, which minimum altitude assures both acceptable signal coverage between navigational aids and meets the minimum obstacle clearance requirements?