1. Which airport advisory service is provided within 10 statute miles of airports that do not have a Flight Service Station on the field nor a control tower in operation?
Local Airport Advisory (LAA)
Remote Airport Advisory (RAA)
Remote Airport Information Service (RAIS)
2. For purposes of wake turbulence separation, ATC classifies a "small" aircraft as one with a maximum certificated takeoff weight of 12,500 pounds or less.
3. Due to strong, unforecast headwinds, you need to land immediately in order to avoid a fuel exhaustion incident. Which of the following calls would best communicate your situation to ATC?
"Mayday-Mayday-Mayday, Cessna 42JJ"
"Cessna 42JJ is declaring a low-fuel emergency."
"Cessna 42JJ, minimum fuel."
4. At a towered field, you're cleared to "taxi into position and hold" for departure. What should you do?
Taxi to, and hold short of, the active runway.
Taxi onto the departure runway and begin your takeoff.
Taxi onto the departure runway in takeoff position and hold.
5. If asked by ATC to "fly runway heading" after departure, you should_____.
Hold the extended runway centerline, applying drift correction if necessary.
Hold the actual magnetic heading of the runway, without drift correction.
Turn to the reciprocal of the runway heading once you've reached 500 feet.
6. You hear ATC clear another pilot for "closed traffic on Runway 35 left." What does this mean?
The aircraft will be remaining in the traffic pattern.
The pattern is full: Arriving aircraft should divert to another airport.
Aircraft in the pattern should tighten up their spacing.
7. If ATC asks you to "say fuel remaining," you should respond with the minutes of fuel aboard including your planned fuel reserve.
8. Which of the following terms refers to the distance available for landing on a particular runway when cleared for a LAHSO (Land And Hold Short Operation)?
Available Landing Distance (ALD)
Runway Distance Remaining (RDR)
LAHSO Landing Distance (LLD)
9. When the ATIS for a towered airport indicates that "braking action advisories" are in effect, pilots should expect _____.
Diminished braking effectiveness on runway surfaces.
To hear the latest report on runway conditions prior to takeoff or landing.
To be asked to provide a descriptive runway condition report to ATC after landing.
All of the above
10. The term VFR should be used to indicate to ATC that an aircraft is operating in visual meteorological conditions.