1. At a towered airport you receive instructions to "Taxi to Runway 35L" (the active runway). The most direct route would cause you to cross Runway 26. May you cross Runway 26 (the intersecting runway)?
2. You may begin the takeoff roll from a runway with a displaced threshold before crossing the runway threshold bar.
3. According to the FAA Office of Runway Safety, what is a "hot spot"?
An airport with a high number of runway incursions
Any runway with another intersecting runway
An area on an airport prone to incursions
4. Which of the following factors accounts for the highest percentage of runway incursions?
Operational: ATC issues incorrect instructions to a pilot
Pilot deviation: Pilot does not follow ATC instructions
Vehicle/pedestrian: A vehicle or pedestrian is on the runway without ATC authorization
5. When ATC issues a land-and-hold-short operation (LAHSO) clearance, you are obligated to accept it.
6. To improve situational awareness during ground operations, you should:
Read back all clearances to ATC
Minimize unnecessary programming of avionics while taxiing
Have the airport diagram visible while taxiing
All of the above
7. When you see the following sign, you should:
Stop and notify ATC you are ready to proceed
Proceed at a cautious speed
Not enter the marked area
8. A "progressive taxi" should be requested from ATC ____.
Only as a last resort (e.g., you are lost on an airport)
Only at unfamiliar airports
Any time you are unsure of your present location or assigned destination
9. According to the location sign below, which taxiway are you currently on?
10. When taxiing for takeoff you are instructed to hold short of a runway. On which side of the runway holding position marking (also referred to as the "hold short line") should you stop?