Not a member? Join today. Already a member? Please login for an enhanced experience. Login Now
Menu

Plaintiffs say lawsuit won't block Chino airshowPlaintiffs say lawsuit won’t block Chino airshow

A cloud of doubt has been lifted from the running of the 2017 Planes of Fame Air Show at California’s Chino Airport after a group suing the show’s sponsor dropped its request for an injunction against the event scheduled for May 6 and 7.

The plaintiffs will continue to seek speedy legal action in a dispute they claim stems from the Planes of Fame Air Museum’s "intentional attempts to physically block and obstruct" other "businesses  before, during, and after the air show."

"The decision to withdraw the motion for a preliminary injunction was made after the original hearing scheduled on April 20th was postponed to April 28th because of a conflict with the original judge assigned to the case,” the plaintiffs said in a news release sent to aviation media April 25.

AOPA reported April 6 that Yanks Air Museum, Flying Tigers Aviation, Socal MRO, Zangeneh Aeronautics, and AFT Center filed the lawsuit, alleging that their businesses suffer losses throughout a nine-day period required to set up the airshow, stage it, and dismantle its infrastructure.

The Planes of Fame organization, which had been rallying support for its sixtieth anniversary airshow online, reacted cautiously to the announcement.

“We are aware of the plaintiff's statement to withdraw the motion for preliminary injunction of the 2017 Planes of Fame Air Show. We are currently waiting on confirmation from POF legal counsel to verify,” said a message posted on the Planes of Fame website.

Dan Namowitz

Dan Namowitz

Associate Editor Web
Associate Editor Web Dan Namowitz has been writing for AOPA in a variety of capacities since 1991. He has been a flight instructor since 1990 and is 30-year AOPA member.
Topics: Airshow

Related Articles