How to Transfer an Aircraft Interest to a Living Trust
- Step 1: Prepare an FAA Bill of Sale form transferring the aircraft from the registered owner to the Trust, listing each of the Trustees of the (Name of Trust).
- Step 2: Complete a standard FAA Registration form registering the aircraft in the name of the new Trust. Mark the Trust as an individual or a co-owner (as applicable).
- Step 3: Get a certified true copy of the complete Trust instrument.
- Step 4: Prepare an affidavit, signed by all Trustees, to the effect that: Each beneficiary under the Trust, including each person whose security interest in incorporated in the Trust, is either a U.S. citizen or a resident alien.
- Step 5: Send all documents to the FAA in Oklahoma City with $5 to register the aircraft at the address listed below. We suggest you send the documents by certified mail.
FAA Aircraft Registration Branch (AFS-750)
Mike Monroney Aeronautical Center
6500 South MacArthur Boulevard
Oklahoma City, OK 73169
Updated Tuesday, July 26, 2005 2:11:54 PM