The candidate will be responsible for analyzing the organization’s financial and business performance, evaluating new products and projects, and working with other departments to develop business plans and financial models. The Financial Analyst will also be responsible for assisting with annual corporate budget development and preparation of financial reports.
1. Develops complex financial analyses and gathers financial information in support of various financial modeling and evaluation projects.
2. Supports annual and revised budget activities including updating budget and support spreadsheets. Reviews and verifies budget support. Works with departments each month to understand and report budget variances..
3. Compiles, produces, and analyzes financial reports, projections, forecasts, dashboards, and presentations that include board summary reports, senior executive reports, and ad hoc financial reports. Reports will include financial, organization, and aviation data..
4. Identifies trends and developments in competitive environments and presents findings to senior management. Identifies industry trends and their potential impact on the company's strategy and/or forecasting.
5. Produces monthly operational and board reporting package that include full financial statements, comprehensive dashboard reporting, analysis of key business trends, actual versus budget variances and comprehensive executive level explanations of differences.
Bachelor’s degree in finance/account or equivalent experience
Three to five years of related professional experience
Strong analytic and critical thinking skills, customer service orientated, team player
Experience in both qualitative and quantitative research
Advanced proficient with Microsoft Excel
Advanced understanding of accounting and finance concepts, practices, and procedures
Basic SQL and other database skills or demonstrated ability to learn the skills
FRx knowledge a plus
Aviation background preferred, but not required
To apply for this position, please email your resume, cover letter, and salary expectation to: email@example.com. Please list the job you are applying for in the cover letter.
VOLUNTEER AT AN AOPA FLY-IN NEAR YOU!
SHARE YOUR PASSION. VOLUNTEER AT AN AOPA FLY-IN. CLICK TO LEARN MORE >>>
VOLUNTEER LOCALLY AT AOPA FLY-IN! CLICK TO LEARN MORE >>>
BE A PART OF THE FLY-IN VOLUNTEER CREW! CLICK TO LEARN MORE >>>