Calling it a "super versatile jet," Pilatus on May 21 introduced its new, $8.9 million PC-24 twinjet at the European Business Aviation Convention and Exposition in Geneva.Read more >>
After a massive tornado ripped through Oklahoma City and its suburbs on May 20, the FAA implemented a temporary flight restriction at the request of local police. Flights over the area would make it impossible for rescue crews to hear victims who might be trapped in rubble.
While challenged by engine flight test problems and a struggling economy, the president and CEO of Honda Aircraft remains optimistic that his light jet will be the right airplane at the right time.
From Around the Web:
- LIVE: Solar Impulse flight online coverage
- OSU students design tornado-penetrating UAS
- Beechcraft tests 400XPR winglets
- FAA concerns hold up firefighting UAS
- Armed UAS protected by Second Amendment?
- HondaJet makes progress
Seven employees at Woodinville, Wash.-based Dynon Avionics who formed the Swamp Creek Flying Club have finished building a Glasair Sportsman under its Two Weeks To Taxi program and have begun flying.
Even a comfortable home airport can turn unforgiving if you arrive before you’re ready, uncertain that you can reconfigure with your customary prompt precision.
- Avidyne secures STC for DFC90 Bonanza installations
- Beechcraft inks $210 million deal for T-6 trainers
- Navy launches unmanned aircraft from catapult
- GAMA reports increase in aircraft shipments
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car caters to members’ needs at airports
- DOT: Contract towers will remain open
AOPA PILOT Features
- Payload Payoff
- Ready to Rumble
- Pulling Together
- This Mooney is out of Air
- Efficiency: Buy or rent?
- Wx Watch: Mesoscale discussions
- Technique: Learning to loop
Aviation Events Calendar
- Operating Lease Masterclass | May 21 - May 23 - Alexandria, VA
- Bonanzas to Oshkosh Texas Advanced Formation Clinic | May 22 - May 26 - Denison, TX
- Inaugural Meeting of the IMC Club Lehigh Valley Chapter | May 22 - Allentown, PA
- B-17 Rides | May 22 - Port Clinton, OH
- B-17 'Field Mess' Welcome Dinner | May 22 - Mukilteo, WA
- Fly-In & Airshow No.6 | May 24 - May 25 - Ranger, TX
- "World's Smallest" Air Show | May 25 - May 26 - Llano, CA
- Sporty's Saturday Hot Dog Fly-In | May 25 - Cincinnati, OH
- Maryland Airfest | May 25 - Middle River, MD
- Salute to Veterans Celebration | May 25 - May 26 - Columbia, MO