Terry Humphrey has given many “on-wing” checkouts to pilots about to fly single-seat airplanes, and the General Electric H80 engine in the Thrush 510G agricultural aircraft makes his job especially easy.Read more >>
For the second year in a row, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University’s Prescott, Ariz., flight team has won the top spot at the Safety and Flight Evaluation Conference.
New scholarship opportunities from the Arthur Godfrey Aviation Foundation seek to draw more young people into aviation.
From Around the Web:
- Turboprop crash-lands at Newark
- VIDEO: Engine-out landing
- Sahara Desert crash memorial
- Osprey proves its worth in Afghanistan
- Russia returns mice, other animals, from space
- European airline emissions deal in doubt
A routine stop led to an extensive search of aircraft and occupants, a practice that may be becoming a (troubling) routine.
AOPA and other associations representing general aviation interests met May 13 with the FAA administrator and senior staff to discuss ongoing efforts to improve safety.
- Avidyne secures STC for DFC90 Bonanza installations
- Beechcraft inks $210 million deal for T-6 trainers
- Navy launches unmanned aircraft from catapult
- GAMA reports increase in aircraft shipments
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car caters to members’ needs at airports
- DOT: Contract towers will remain open
AOPA PILOT Features
- Payload Payoff
- Ready to Rumble
- Pulling Together
- This Mooney is out of Air
- Efficiency: Buy or rent?
- Wx Watch: Mesoscale discussions
- Technique: Learning to loop
Aviation Events Calendar
- Earth Day Fly In & Antique Aircraft Display | May 20 - La Verne, CA
- WildBlue Aircraft Sales Ribbon Cutting/ World's Fastest Four Cylinder Comes to Kansas City | May 20 - Kansas City, ,USA
- VOR Navigation for all Pilots | May 21 - St. Louis/Maryland Heights, MO
- Operating Lease Masterclass | May 21 - May 23 - Alexandria, VA
- Bonanzas to Oshkosh Texas Advanced Formation Clinic | May 22 - May 26 - Denison, TX
- Inaugural Meeting of the IMC Club Lehigh Valley Chapter | May 22 - Allentown, PA
- B-17 Rides | May 22 - Port Clinton, OH
- B-17 'Field Mess' Welcome Dinner | May 22 - Mukilteo, WA
- Fly-In & Airshow No.6 | May 24 - May 25 - Ranger, TX
- "World's Smallest" Air Show | May 25 - May 26 - Llano, CA