Manage internal and external development and implementation of legislative advocacy before the United States Congress.
- Develop and implement successful lobbying efforts and manage day to day tactics.
- Prepare white papers, issue summaries, and coordinate legislative drafting.
- Manage legislative staff to ensure success and growth opportunities.
- Cultivate existing stakeholder relationships and grow network to accomplish goals.
- Brief and advise SVP on the impact of public policy and issues and matters before Congress.
- Coordinate across internal departments for the purpose of obtaining the best ideas to manage and mitigate risks and exploit opportunities to advance AOPA’s legislative agenda.
- Manage legislative department budget.
- Bachelor’s degree with ten years’ experience in a related field
- Extensive Capitol Hill experience and network
- Experience in drafting and moving bills through the legislative process
- Management and leadership qualities
- Exceptional writing skills
- Positive attitude as well as a strong work ethic
- Team player who enjoys working with others
- Capable of working across party lines
- Ability to explain complex issues clearly and concisely
- Previous experience in the aviation industry, preferably in general aviation
- Experience working with government agencies
- Knowledge and understanding of general aviation issues
To apply for this position with Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) please click on Apply Now. AOPA offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects how much we care about our employees. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; retirement; short-term and long-term disability; life and AD&D insurance; flexible spending accounts; tuition reimbursement; a wellness program; flexibility in work hours; and paid holidays.
And ... although not all AOPA employees are pilots, we offer the opportunity for our employees to obtain a private pilot certificate for free. We also provide continued assistance to help employees maintain their flight proficiency.
AOPA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.