AOPA/EAA 3rd Class Medical Exemption
AOPA and the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) on March 20, 2012 submitted a request to the FAA that, if successful, would offer pilots an option of obtaining a 3rd class FAA medical or instead become educated on medical self-assessment and operate familiar aircraft recreationally using the driver's license as the baseline of health.
- Check out the information guide to find out more.
- Check out the frequently asked questions.
- Read the full request.
- Get tips for filing comments to support the exemption.
- Submit comments online.
- Listen to a podcast from AVweb of an interview with AOPA.
- Sign up to receive email alerts on the progress of this exemption request, including a notice when you can submit comments to the FAA.