Frequently Asked Questions
Question: Why the switch?
AOPA is always looking to provide the best in services for our members. The new application integrates with our plans for the future.
Question: What are the big changes?
The new Aircraft Partnership Program Application is much simplified and is designed to help you quickly find shares or partners with the minimum required information.
Question: Why is my screen name different?
The new application uses your user name as a unique identifier. Since AOPA has a separate internal number it is possible to have two user names which are the same. The transfer to the new system required us to make the user names only within the application unique. This does not affect your user name outside of the application.
Question: How Do I Create Multiple Listings?
The new application allows one listing per profile. To publish multiple listings you will need to create multiple accounts. To do this follow these steps:
- Go to www.AOPA.org and click logout on the menu bar, upper right of the screen.
- Shut down all browser windows to make sure your current session completely closes.
- Open up a browser window and go to apnet.aopa.org
- On the menu tab click on login
- You will be taken to a screen to login or create a free account
- Fill in the information required for a free account, YOU MUST USE A DIFFERENT EMAIL ADDRESS
- When the account is created, you will be taken to the application registration page.
- Select Seller and fill in the rest of the information
- You will then have a new profile to add the listing to.
- You can repeat these steps for multiple listings
Question: Do I need to fill in the new fields?
No. But it is highly recommended. The individual fields such as year of aircraft, or your home airport help the system find matches and weed out listings not relevant or close to you.
Question: How Do I Switch From a Buyer to a Seller or Vice Versa?
To change from one to the other you will need to delete the current account and reregister. You do not need to create a new free AOPA account number. To delete your current profile in the application.
- Visit apnet.aopa.org
- If you are not logged in, click the login tab on the menu
- Click the “Profile” tab on the menu
- On the right side menu select “Settings”
- At the bottom there is a “Delete Account” button click it to delete your current profile
- Close all browser windows to ensure that your current session is closed
- Visit apnet.aopa.org, you will be taken to the application registration page
- Select your new identity either a buyer or Seller
- Fill in the profile information
Question: What if I bought credits in the old Aircraft Partnership Program?
The new aircraft partnership Program is a free service provided by AOPA. If you have unused credits in the old system, you will be contacted shortly with address verification information so that we can refund any unused credits from the previous system.
Question: What if I am not using the listing anymore?
We ask that if you have found a partnership, sold your share, or decided not to pursue a partnership arrangement, that you delete your account so that current users are not faced with old listings.
I am looking to
In order to sell or buy a share you must register for APP.
Choose buy a share or sell a share from the dropdown.
Enter in your home hairport.
Choose how far from your airport you want to expand your search radius.