1. Approximately ____ of all general aviation accidents occur during the takeoff and landing phases of flight.
2. Accidents that occur during takeoff are more likely to be fatal than those that occur during landing.
3. High ____ can adversely affect an aircraft's takeoff and climb performance.
4. The Air Safety Foundation recommends adding ____ percent to the aircraft's POH takeoff and landing distances over a 50-foot obstacle.
5. In general, after takeoff a pilot should continue climbing straight ahead until reaching a point at least 1/2 mile beyond the departure end of the runway and within ____ feet of the traffic pattern altitude.
6. In the traffic pattern, a pilot is most susceptible to an inadvertent spin when turning ____ to ____.
7. When preparing to land, the use of flaps results in a ____ approach.
8. Which type of slip is preferred to counteract drift during a crosswind landing?
9. When landing with the wind reported as 35015G25, a pilot should add ____ knots to his or her approach speed.
10. Which of the following could necessitate a go-around?