CFIs: Protect yourself--and your livelihood
CFIs can be held liable for their students’ incidents, even if the CFI was not on board the aircraft at the time. When shopping for aviation coverage, look for a policy that is designed to meet the unique needs of CFIs.
- CFI comprehensive coverage included at no additional premium. Our policy protects you personally during flight instruction and provides you with defense coverage (legal fees).
- Coverage based on when the claim is made, not when the incident occurred. This means that your policy covers for any claims made during the policy period, even if the incident happened prior to coverage.
- Protection while you fly rented or borrowed aircraft for personal use.
- Coverage while using your own aircraft for instruction. For CFIs who teach in their own aircraft, you may also add two renter-pilots to the policy.
- Full family coverage, without sub-limits. You get none of the tricky sub-limits that can limit coverage for your spouse, children, and other family members—but you do get superior, per-passenger liability coverage.
- 5-percent AOPA member discount.
- 10-percent discount at renewal if you have had no claims and a good flying record.
If you’re looking for insurance from someone who understands what CFIs really need, trust the only CFI insurance policy that AOPA deems worthy of our endorsement. Contact the AOPA Insurance Agency for a free quote at 800/622-AOPA (2672), e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the Web site.
As with all AOPA-endorsed products, a portion of the AOPA Insurance Agency’s proceeds goes directly to AOPA to help protect your right to fly—we make sure of it.
August 18, 2008