AOPA's 'PATH to Aviation'
Download the entire AOPA's PATH to Aviation (Pilot section and Teacher section with modules).
Download the Pilot section only.
Download the Teacher section only (including modules).
Order online: AOPA's PATH to Aviation and other classroom materials.
PATH offers 11 modules for teachers and includes student worksheets for each module.
- Module 1: Language
How do pilots understand each other?
- Module 2: Aircraft Basics
What are the parts of an airplane?
- Module 3: Flight Controls
How does a pilot control the airplane?
- Module 4: Forces of Flight
How does the airplane fly?
- Module 5: Weight and Gravity
Can an airplane be too heavy to fly?
- Module 6: Basic Flight Data
What do all those gauges do?
- Module 7: Weather
How does the weather affect flying?
- Module 8: Flight Planning
How does a pilot know where to fly?
- Module 9: Traffic Patterns
How do pilots know where to land?
- Module 10: Computer Tools
Can students fly without leaving the classroom?
- Module 11: Aviation in History
Who are the pioneers and heroes of aviation?
- ACTIVITY: Wheelbarrow pilot
Duplicate some of the sensations associated with controlling an airplane with this activity.
These presentations require Microsoft PowerPoint. If you do not have that program, download the free Microsoft PowerPoint viewer here.