Congressional Lawmakers Who Support General Aviation
The conclusion of the 2000 election cycle brought a wide range of candidates to Capitol Hill. Below you will find several incumbents and newly elected members of Congress who have been strong advocates of general aviation. Please take a moment to browse over our list and see if one of these folks is from your state or district.
- Representative Robert Aderholt-Transportation Appropriations Subcommittee member.
- Representative Spencer Baucus-Aviation Subcommittee member.
- Representative Bud Cramer-Aviation Subcommittee member.
- Representative Don Young-AOPA member and the new Chairman of the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee.
- Representative Ed Pastor-Transportation Appropriations Subcommittee member.
- Representative-Bob Stump-Established AOPA supporter.
- Senator Diane Feinstein-Established AOPA supporter.
- Representative Randy Cunningham-AOPA member and pilot.
- Representative John Doolittle-Aviation Subcommittee member.
- Representative Wally Herger-Ways and Means Committee member.
- Darrell Issa-AOPA member and new member of the House class of 2000.
- Former Governor Zell Miller-AOPA "Presidential Citation" recipient and new member of the Senate class of 2000.
- Representative John Lewis-Ways and Means Committee member.
- Representative Johnny Isakson-Aviation Subcommittee member.
- Representative Mike Simpson-Pilot and Aviation Subcommittee member.
- Representative Ray LaHood-Aviation Subcommittee member.
- Representative William Lipinski-Ranking Democrat on Aviation Subcommittee.
- Representative Dan Burton-Established AOPA supporter.
- Representative Jim Nussle-Budget Committee member and established AOPA supporter.
- Representative Todd Tiarht-Transportation Appropriations Committee member.
- Representative Ann Northrup-Appropriations Committee member.
- Representative Hal Rogers-Transportation Appropriations Subcommittee member.
- Representative John Cooksey-AOPA member, pilot and Aviation Subcommittee member.
- Senator Olympia Snowe-Senate Aviation Subcommittee member.
- Representative Benjamin Cardin-Ways and Means Committee member.
- Representative Steny Hoyer-Appropriations Committee member.
- Representative Connie Morella-Chairman of Technology Subcommittee.
- Representative Vernon Ehlers-Pilot and Aviation Subcommittee member.
- Representative Bark Stupak-Established AOPA supporter.
- Representative James Oberstar-Ranking Democrat on House Transportation & Infrastructure Committee.
- Representative Collin Peterson-AOPA member and pilot.
- Senator Conrad Burns-Senate Aviation Subcommittee member.
- Representative Jim Gibbons-Pilot and established AOPA supporter.
- Representative Shelly Berkley-Transportation and Infrastructure member.
- Representative Joe Skeen-Pilot and established AOPA supporter.
- Representative Peter DeFazio-Established AOPA supporter.
- Senator Rick Santorum-Established AOPA supporter.
- Representative Tim Holden-Aviation Subcommittee member.
- Representative John Murtha-Appropriations Committee member.
- Representative Bud Shuster-Former Chairman of the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee and 1999 AOPA Hartranft Award winner.
- Representative Curt Weldon-Established AOPA supporter.
- Representative James Clyburn-Established AOPA supporter.
- Representative John Spratt-Established AOPA supporter.
- Senator Bill Frist-AOPA member, pilot and Senate Aviation Subcommittee member.
- Representative John Duncan-Chairman of House Aviation Subcommittee and 1998 AOPA Hartranft Award winner.
- Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison-Aviation Subcommittee member.
- Representative Chet Edwards-AOPA member and pilot.
- Representative Sam Johnson-AOPA member and pilot.
- Representative Kay Granger-Transportation Appropriations Subcommittee member.
- Senator Orin Hatch-AOPA supporter who co-authored federal asset forfeiture reform.
- Representative James Hansen-AOPA member, pilot and 1994 AOPA Hartranft Award Winner.
- Governor George Allen-AOPA supporter and member of the Senate class of 2000.
- Representative Frank Wolf-1997 AOPA Hartranft Award Winner.
- Representative Jennifer Dunn-Ways and Means Committee member.
- Representative Nick Rahall-Aviation Subcommittee member.
- Representative Thomas Petri-Transportation and Infrastructure Committee member.