Responsible for renewal sales and retention of existing aircraft insurance customers by quoting, selling, writing, and servicing personal aircraft insurance for aircraft owners in a fast-paced, high volume inbound insurance sales call center.
- Primary focus is retention of existing customers.
- Must interact with underwriters at multiple insurance companies by phone and email to obtain insurance quotes, issue renewal policies and service existing policies.
- Outbound efforts include contacting customers to gather additional information, responding to internet requests for quotes and service, and following up on quoted-but-not-renewed customers.
- Service inquiries include answering customer questions, researching, and resolving billing issues, making policy changes and correcting company records.
- Explain insurance coverages and offer insurance advice to prospective and existing customers.
- Responsible for meeting individual and team monthly sales, service and quality goals while working in a team environment.
- Act as a back up to the New Business and Non-Owned department, as needed.
- BS/BA or equivalent business experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, customer service skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong aptitude and comfort in learning computer systems.
- Ability to work independently to achieve monthly goals while also working effectively in a collaborative team-oriented environment.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be detail oriented and accurate and can work independently while following strict procedural guidelines.
- Property and Casualty insurance license is required. Applicants who do not have a current P&C license will be considered, but will be required to obtain their license within the first month of employment if offered a position.
To apply for this position with Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) please click on Apply Now.
AOPA offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects how much we care about our employees. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; retirement; short-term and long-term disability; life and AD&D insurance; flexible spending accounts; tuition reimbursement; a wellness program; flexibility in work hours; and paid holidays.
And ... although not all AOPA employees are pilots, we offer the opportunity for our employees to obtain a private pilot certificate for free. We also provide continued assistance to help employees maintain their flight proficiency.
AOPA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.