The Director of Aviation Insurance Services will be responsible for both the New and Renewal departments for the Insurance Agency's owned products. This position will manage sales, service, development, and administration of new and existing aviation insurance business. The Director will also support the achievement of organizational business goals by creating a positive and productive team environment, coaching and developing talent and recognizing team and individual accomplishments. The person in this role will be able to motivate themselves and their team and coordinate well with Senior and Executive Management in achieving the goals of the insurance division.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain management responsibility for New and Renewal departments of the IA's owned product by:
- Coordinating with leadership and marketing to most effectively utilize sales leads and all other agency resources to achieve budgeted objectives.
- Ensuring budget renewal retention ratios, while maintaining a positive customer experience.
- Establishing and maintaining objective measurement standards to achieve ancillary goals (i.e. service, turn around, client satisfaction, etc.).
- Management and oversight of the customer account service function (currently embedded within the renewal department).
- Building and sustaining strong and productive relationships with underwriters.
- Responsible for both personal and team management and development.
- Ensuring that performance goals and objectives are set and aligned with the larger insurance group and communicated within the team.
- Receiving and responding to member inquiries.
- Direct supervision of assigned team members.
- Facilitating on the job training for new team members.
- Performing team member performance reviews, setting annual goals and providing ongoing feedback and support.
- Management responsibility for new and renewal insurance accounts assigned to service team which includes growing the team book of business and account retention.
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Property & Casualty insurance license.
- Five or more years of customer service and aviation insurance experience.
- Superior knowledge of AOPA and the various areas of the organization required.
- Minimum 5 years account and demonstrated success in team/personnel management.
- Computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications.
- Knowledge of aviation terms and acronyms.
- Ability to lead, motivate and discipline assigned staff.
To apply for this position with Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) please click on Apply Now.
AOPA offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects how much we care about our employees. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; retirement; short-term and long-term disability; life and AD&D insurance; flexible spending accounts; tuition reimbursement; a wellness program; flexibility in work hours; and paid holidays.
And ... although not all AOPA employees are pilots, we offer the opportunity for our employees to obtain a private pilot certificate for free. We also provide continued assistance to help employees maintain their flight proficiency.
AOPA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.