AOPA FAA Funding Debate
Timeline for action
Get involved! Help prevent user fees and avgas tax hikes by adding your name to this petition:
“I, as a pilot and aviation enthusiast, hereby endorse the following principles in consideration of how the FAA is to be financed in the future:
- Federal airport funding should be sustained at no less than current levels ($3.7 billion).
- Excise taxes are the best way for all aviation users to support the system.
- The Congress must maintain its oversight of the FAA.
- The General Fund must continue to provide at least 21.5% of the FAA’s budget.
- There is no place for user fees in the world’s largest, safest, most efficient air transportation system.