T here is no better realization than an exciting and visionary new plan, by a local group of aviation enthusiasts, to annually sponsor Coachella Valley High School students for training as future aviators. The selected Young Aviators will receive FREE;
1) Eighteen hours of professional aeronautical ground training
2) FAA Class 3 Medical
3) FAA Student Pilot License
4) EAA Young Eagle flights
5) EAA, AOPA AV8rs and AOPA Youth Memberships
6) Subscription to AOPA’s Flight Training digital magazine plus ac-cess to websites
7) A gift certificate for an introducto-ry training flight in a C172
8) An official pilot’s logbook
9) Flight Plotter (E6B),
10) Nav. Plotter
11) VFR Nav. Charts.
All High Schools students in the Coachella Valley may apply. Sixty will be selected.
Completion of this program will help put the student on a fast track to an FAA Private pilot’s certificate. This is an unusual opportunity for any student with a strong desire to pursue their dream of a career in aviation.