- Latest version of Adobe Flash (opens new window) should be downloaded.
- Latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader (opens new window) should be downloaded.
- User's display resolution should be set higher than 1024 x 768, if it is set lower, parts of the course will not display correctly.
- Pop-ups must be enabled.
- A broadband Internet connection with low latency (a connection with a download speed greater than 2MB and upload speed greater than 1MB) is required. Check your Internet connection speed (opens new window).
- Each learner is granted an 8 hour session from when they initially login. After 8 hours has elapsed the connection to the course is terminated and any course progress that has not yet been saved is lost. Please plan accordingly for this session timing.
- Learners should use the latest version of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer. See below on browser related notes.
| Mobile Device
|| Strongly recommend for taking eFIRC
|| Safari (Mac only)
|| Strongly recommend using iPad 2 and higher
| Internet Explorer
|| Internet Explorer
|| Some minor issues in IE, please visit FAQs page
|| Some minor issues in Firefox, please visit FAQs page
**For Internet Explorer 9, we recommend enabling ‘web page compatibility mode’ in the settings. For Internet Explorer 7 we recommend the installation of this Microsoft patch (opens new window).
**iOS 8 Users: If you experience issues with the eFIRC using iOS8, please call us at 1-800-872-2672, or email [email protected].