Please Note: The application deadline was November 1st. We are no longer accepting applications.
The AOPA You Can Fly program seeks to grow the active pilot population. As a part of this mission, Rusty Pilots invites and encourages certificated pilots who are out of currency to become active members of the aviation community. The independent contractor will conduct AOPA Rusty Pilots presentations at flight schools and flying clubs across the United States utilizing excellent instructional techniques. This person will assist the host organization with guidance on best practices in event promotion and customer service both before and after the event.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain relationships with host organization
- Inspire seminar attendees to pursue completion of their flight review
- Prior to presentation, contact and/or meet with host school or club to share best practices on promoting the event Deliver a professional Rusty Pilots seminar using solid educational techniques to ensure active participation and in-depth learning by attendees
- Tracking and submitting event attendance
- Within 10 days, follow up with event host to ensure and/or verify that they have customers working to complete flight reviews. Also advise and encourage the use of best practices to reach out to event attendees to return for flight review completion
- 5+ years of industry experience in an aviation related position
- Must have either a current CFI or Advanced Ground Instructor (AGI) certificate
- Proven instructional ability
- Available and able to travel to presentation locations
- Will be expected to provide the following equipment: projector, speakers, laptop, microphone, ipad, wireless hotspot
- Weekend availability for approximately up to 15 presentations per contract
- Public speaking experience required along with excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Prior success in developing strong external and internal collaborative relationships
The application deadline was November 1st. We are no longer accepting applications.