Are you ready for AOPA's Fly-In?
Plan your arrival, by air or land
The AOPA Air Safety Foundation reminds you when flying in to be patient and watch for traffic. For help with flight planning, use AOPA's Real-Time Flight Planner. See these safety tips for more on how to arrive safely.
The fly-in isn't just for pilots traveling by aircraft. If you are making the commute by car, get driving directions along with hotel and travel information on the Web site.
We enjoy saving you money. AOPA has partnered with Encore FBO of Frederick and Avfuel for the Take "25" Promotion. On June 1 and 2, all aircraft joining us at Frederick Municipal Airport for the AOPA Fly-In will receive a $.25-per-gallon discount off fuel purchases. Take 25-plus gallons and automatically receive a chance to win a $25 savings bond, courtesy of Avfuel. Ten winners will be selected between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. during the Fly-In!
AOPA's seventeenth annual Fly-In and Open House kicks off this weekend (Saturday, June 2) with one of the largest aircraft displays ever — more than 45 aircraft. It's a busy time while you prepare for the most exciting GA event this year. Use this checklist to plan a safe arrival and get the most out of this one-day event.
AOPA wants your autograph
- Fly-In is yet another chance to take a stand against user fees. AOPA's user fee petition is available to sign and reject the FAA's proposal to increase general aviation fuel taxes by nearly fourfold and, for the first time in U.S. history, impose a pay-to-fly user fee system.
- Read more about how the FAA Funding Debate affects you and what you can do to help the future of general aviation.
What's the future of GA?
- Attend our fun and educational seminars on flying techniques, aircraft ownership, safety, and more.
- AOPA President Phil Boyer will have an informal hangar session at 12:30 p.m. to answer your questions on subjects ranging from the aviation industry to airspace restrictions.
- Enjoy some aviation humor with Ron Machado as he answers your questions about flying techniques during his presentation of "Yoke and Pedal: Secrets to Better Piloting Proficiency."
- The AOPA Air Safety Foundation will present "Regulations: What Every Pilot Should Know," a new seminar about which FARs are most cited in accident reports, most misunderstood, and which regulations pilots should know about.
- Discover the latest products and services in the GA industry.
- Visit AOPA Member Products Partners in the front atrium of the AOPA building. Here you'll find information about AOPA Aircraft Insurance, Bank of America, AOPA Legal Services, AOPA Flight Explorer, and AOPA Rental Car options from both Avis and Hertz.
- Download your copy of the exhibit hall floor plan for easy navigation.
Inspire the next generation of pilots
- Join Erik Lindbergh — aviator, grandson of Charles and Anne Lindbergh, and AOPA Project Pilot spokesman — for a special session of stories about learning to fly and sharing your love of flying. Also find out how aviation and creative solutions form the basis of his next flight adventure.
- If you bring someone who wants to learn to fly and sign up together for AOPA Project Pilot on-site, you'll both receive an exclusive Project Pilot mesh backpack. AOPA Project Pilot representatives will be available to answer questions or help you get signed up. It's simple, fun, and rewarding!
- Bose is making Project Pilot more exciting at Fly-In by giving away a headset to one new Mentor and one new student pilot. How could you win a Bose Headset X? Sign up for Project Pilot with your new mentor or a future pilot on-site and you are automatically entered into the drawing. [ See the official rules.]
Admission is free for AOPA's Fly-In and Open House (8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.). A variety of beverages, light snacks, and meals will be available from vendors throughout the day.
May 31, 2007