Final approach to Sun 'n Fun: What you need to know
Sun 'n Fun in Lakeland, Florida, kicks off Tuesday, April 17, and AOPA has a full slate of activities planned for the week.
AOPA activities all week
- Renew your membership; check out aircraft or renter's insurance, AOPA's aviation reward credit card, or aircraft financing; and get answers to all your aviation-related questions at AOPA's Big Yellow Tent.
- Inspect AOPA's 2007 Sweepstakes Catch-A-Cardinal airplane. It'll be open all week outside our tent for you to see the inner workings of the aircraft, sign its floorboards, and judge its new engine, panel, and paint scheme. AOPA Pilot staff, Cessna representatives, and many of the generous project contributors will be on hand to talk about "your" Cardinal's restoration.
- Attend AOPA Air Safety Foundation in-person safety seminars to become a safer pilot and qualify for Accident Forgiveness on select AIG Aviation insurance policies.
- AOPA Day kicks off Thursday night, April 19, with AOPA President Phil Boyer discussing the FAA funding debate during his Pilot Town Meeting at 7:45 p.m. in the Florida Air Pavilion. Show your AOPA membership card for entrance after 5 p.m. to have the $5 twilight admission fee waived.
- On Friday, talk in person with Boyer and other AOPA experts during informal hangar sessions at AOPA's Big Yellow Tent.
- Win a Garmin GPS handheld unit and other great prizes in our daily prize drawing or by being spotted by our surPRIZE Squad for wearing an AOPA sticker.
- Bring a prospective pilot with you and sign up together for AOPA Project Pilot at the entrance gate between Tuesday and Friday, and the student will get in for free and have a chance to win $5,000 for flight training. Limit one free student per member/Mentor.
- Come on Friday, AOPA Day, and show your AOPA membership card for $5 off that day's admission price.
April 11, 2007