With unprecedented demand for pilots, technicians, and crewmembers, now is a great time to enter aviation. The scholarships listed below can help you achieve your aviation goals.
AOPA Flight Training Scholarships can be used for flight training expenses in pursuit of a primary pilot certificate or advanced rating. In 2019, AOPA gave away more than $1 million in scholarships to high school students, teachers, and adults in flight training. See here for tips on making your application stand out.
- The Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) offers scholarships for flight training, postsecondary study, and Air Academy camperships, with deadline cycles year-round.
- The National Air Transportation Association (NATA) grants scholarships for learning to fly, aviation degree programs, continuing education, and more.
- Scholarships The NBAA Charities scholarship program from the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) offers scholarships for enrolled students and working professionals in business aviation, including pilots, maintenance professionals, schedulers, dispatchers, flight attendants and flight technicians.
- More than $500,000 in scholarships are awarded to aspiring aviators through the National Gay Pilots Association.
- Members of The Ninety-Nines, International Organization of Women Pilots, can apply for academic, flight training, and technical training scholarships. Deadline: January 1.
- University Aviation Association (UAA) scholarship applications are due in the spring and early summer. UAA also publishes a Collegiate Aviation Scholarship Listing, available for purchase.
- Women in Aviation, International awards scholarships to members in good standing. Applications are due in the fall.
- Aviation Education and Career EXPO Scholarship
- General Aviation Manufacturers Association scholarships
- SMS-Pro Aviation Safety Scholarship, awarded semiannually
- The LeRoy W. Homer Jr. Scholarships
- Whirly Girls helicopter scholarships, fall deadline
Would you like to add your scholarship to this resource list? Please email [email protected].