Exciting things are happening every day that we never hear about. Here are five uplifting stories from 2023 to celebrate Positive Media Day.
- Women in Aviation International introduced its new Mentor Connect program. It aims to support and empower women across all areas of the aviation industry.
- According to a new study, the experimental drug Vorasidenib significantly decreased the progression of brain cancer.
- A new material derived from old clothing could eliminate 110 million metric tons of waste.
- A woman bought four plates with abstract faces painted on them with ‘Picasso’ signed on the back for $6 at a thrift store. Upon further research, they were genuine Pablo Picasso pieces worth $10,000!
- Portugal is assessing an agile drone that carries firehoses to put out wildfires at great rates.
- Scientists discovered a new dinosaur, Platytholus clemensi, that walked on two legs and grew fifteen feet long. It had a dome-shaped head with bristles that grew out of it (like a toothbrush!).
Seeing stories like these can make us smile and be hopeful about the future. You can get more of them by unfollowing pages or channels that negatively affect you. I also recommend following pages that focus on positive news stories like the ‘Good News Network.’ Even seeing content that makes you laugh is a tremendous help. Focusing on the positive can give you a better view of the world!
Product Marketing Coordinator
Caroline Smith is a Product Marketing Coordinator at AOPA. She graduated from Towson University with a BS in Business Administration. She has experience writing as a Marketing Intern at the Chesapeake Gateway Chamber of Commerce in Essex, MD, where her work was featured in the Avenue News. She enjoys pet sitting, reading thrillers, and crocheting.