Send Us Your News
Each month we will share a roundup of stories about flying clubs, whether they are published in aviation media or local papers, and you can help. If your club has received some media coverage—newspaper, TV, radio, or online—let us know so we can share your accomplishments with the flying club community. Send stories to [email protected].
- Flying 20 Club: An Oldie But Goodie
By Benét Wilson
In June 1940, 20 members each put up $20 to by a J-2 Piper Cub for $400 and the Flying 20 Club was born. Seventy-two years later, the Danbury, Connecticut-based club has 45 members and three Piper PA-28s and is still going strong. During the winter it holds hangar talks and in warmer months club members make regional trips to destinations like Nantucket, or the Piper Museum in Lockhaven, Pennsylvania.
- Morris-Hancock Flying Club Adds Mooney M20J
Morris (Minnesota) Sun-Tribune, Dec. 7, 2012
- Scottish Aero Club Raises Money for Emergency Air Ambulance Service
Perthshire (Scotland) Advertiser, Dec. 25, 2012
- Blogger Ponders Flying Club Recruitment
Jetwhine Blog, Dec. 26, 2012
- How far would you drive to join a good flying club?
Pilots of America chat room, Jan. 5, 2013
- Aspen Flying Club Ads Cessna 182RG To Large Fleet
General Aviation News, Jan. 7, 2013
- Will fly for food: For the Sunday Morning Breakfast Club, breakfast is the most important meal of the day
By Jill W. Tallman
AOPA Pilot, January 2013
- Texas A&M Flying to Host Aerobatic Fly-In Jan. 26