1. The new TAF format applies only to 30-hour forecasts. The coding in 24-hour TAFs (still issued for about 95 percent of forecast sites) did not change.
2. Under the new TAF format, what is the correct date and time coding for a forecast valid from 1800Z on the 20th to 2400Z on the 21st?
3. In addition to changes in the valid forecast period coding, the new TAF format adds a date identifier to which of the following groups?
4. The PROB modifier is used when there is a ____ percent chance weather phenomena will occur.
5. Given the following TAF, what is the forecast wind direction and velocity for 5 a.m. local time (eight hours behind UTC)?
KHQM 231740Z 2318/2418 15004KT P6SM SCT010 OVC020
6. When can you expect the next scheduled TAF for Montrose, Colorado (KMTJ) to be issued?
KMTJ 241120Z 2412/2512 15009KT P6SM SKC
7. During your preflight planning, you see the TAF below for Gunnison, Colorado (KGUC). What does it mean?
KGUC 241120Z 2412/2512 NIL
8. In the following example, what does the "WS" code denote?
9. If you see "VV001" in a TAF, what does it signify?
10. According to the TAF below, what will the lowest ceiling be for a flight at 3 p.m. local time (five hours behind UTC)?
KELM 251732Z 2518/2618 29015G22KT P6SM SCT010 BKN018 OVC035